Sizzling Sunrise

Sizzling Sunrise
As the Valley awakens to a bright new morning...

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Leaping thoughts on Leap Year

As I sit and look at the calendar, it occurs to me that this is a Leap Year! Sounds like a good enough reason to Leap for Joy and count an extra day of blessings. Depending on what part of the world you live in, this seems to be the "Winter that wasn't" ~ I mean, where the heck is our normal snowfall in the northern states of the USA? I think it all went over to Europe and maybe I should mention that Alaska got more than they needed too.

I love the snow so long as I don't have to shovel it or work in it. It can be so inspiring as I watch it fall from the sky. The last couple of snow falls we had were from a BLUE sky, it was so amazing and fluffy looking. It seems to prompt memories, poetry, thoughts of froliking, and a desire to make a nice pot of fresh soup! Such wonderful and happy thoughts.

Spring is just around the corner ~ Flowers, greenery, baby animals and lots more warm & sunny days. My camera will beg for more outings, search for natures finest color, and lead me to more amazing opportunities to share the beauty of nature. I want to explore new places, capture more memories to share, and laugh more often. I want to make more friends, meet someone special, share more incredible things that I discover as I walk along life's path.

How many new things will YOU learn this year? Will you take classes, read books, study nature, apprentice, or just sit there and waste time? Challenge yourself to learn something new, chase a dream, learn a new skill, take-up a hobby. Life is too short to just coast along, make everyday matter, make it count, do something silly, be brave - try something bold, brave, exciting!! Live, Laugh & Love like you mean it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment